1930 The Flood family vision started with one truck and one employee at 139 N. Clark Street in Chicago.
Starting with one truck emblazoned with “We have a trade that service made” and one employee, we operated at 139 N. Clark Street, Chicago from 1930 to 1963. Providing great service spurred growth that required us to move to larger facilities at 5435 W. Chicago Avenue. As expansion continued, we moved to 1025 W. Monroe Street in 1970, 3017 N. Kedzie Avenue in 1975, 2520 W. Huron Street in 1977, and finally 4827 W. Harrison Street in 1979 where we have our offices and garage today, in addition to a main office in Oakbrook Terrace.
In 1988, Flood Brothers expanded operations to include a fully automated recycling center. We became the first licensed special waste hauler in Chicago for the Chicago community in 1990, and in 1992 our recycling center was the first ever to service the initial Chicago Recycling Program for the 12th, 31st and 41st ward
Furthering our commitment to our customers, Flood Brothers launched a container fabrication and repair facility in 1995.
We opened an additional facility in Carol Stream to further service our expanding network of customers
As technology evolved, so did our trucks to meet the new diesel emmision standards.
The 5th generation of the Flood family leads Flood Brothers and employs over 100 employees in Chicago and the Chicagoland area.